Note: this page describes v1.6, and does not yet include v2 features.
The Rendering page has the controls related to producing the full sized picture.
- Shadow directions are set before rendering; all other lighting aspects can
be controlled later.
- Shadows can be disabled for individual holons.
- Adjust holon opacities. If any holons have less than 100% opacity, an alpha
channel is created.
- Choose opacity mode. Uniform mode ignores depth; Enhance Depth mode takes
depth into account to show 3D structure; Surface Only mode provides antialiasing
of colors very close to the surface.
- Set the size of the rendered picture. The dropdown list keeps a history
of sizes used.
Batch rendering controls are located on the
Animation page. They allow automated creation of a series of pictures
from previously saved parameter files.
(The Animation page in XenoDream v2 also has controls for interpolating
between keyframes to produce batch files.)
Examples of Uniform and Enhance Depth opacity modes.