Note: this page describes v1.6, and does not yet include v2 features.
The Picture window is where you monitor rendering progress, and view and manipulate
Picture window, with layering example. The bird was rendered first
and merged with the background photo, and the frame was rendered as the
current front layer, with alpha blending.
- Monitor rendering progress; start, stop and resume rendering.
Two layers can be combined:
- Rendered or lit picture at the front.
- Background picture or solid color at the back.
- Background mask button for automatic masking of rendered objects.
- Alphablend button for blending using the front layer's alpha channel.
- Adjust opacity of the front layer.
- Choose from 21 merge modes, including most Photoshop modes.
- Merge down to a single layer, any number of times.
- Copy between any of the three pictures.
The Effects menu provides filters and image operations:
- Flip vertical or horizontal
- Invert colors
- Gaussian blur, includes sharpening and iterated effects.
- Remove noise, also allows increasing noise.
- Hue, Saturation, Lightness and Contrast adjustment.
The View menu allows different magnification.
The File menu includes file operations:
- Save pictures as 24bit BMP, JPG, or PSD (Photoshop) including layers and
- Open pictures as the background or front picture.
- Save the depth map as BMP, PGM or TGA (RG encoded) for use as a terrain
or object in other applications.
- Open PGM or BMP files as the depth map.
- Close unwanted background picture or alpha channel.
You also open the Lighting and Depth windows from here.