XenoDream - 3D modelling and fractals
Artist's workshop, adventure playground, tool or toy - Xenodream is a unique 3D graphics program that caters for everything from casual play to serious creativity. Technically, it's a procedural modeller with fractal capabilities, with both rendering and export. It is mostly interactive, with mouse or keyboard control (no programming or formula editing).
- Create objects from any combination of simple shapes, replication, fractal structures. Details...
- Transform the parts in hundreds of different ways with metamorphs. Result: inexhaustible possibilities.
- Color the objects in various ways. Details...
- Create and edit color gradients, or import them from ugr files or pictures.
- Create backgrounds using a powerful texture editor.
- Change views and camera settings. Details...
- Render as pictures. Details...
- Apply lighting, material and artistic effects. Details...
- Export as a mesh. Details...
- Export as a point cloud.
- Create animations for render or export.
- Preview and render in 3d stereo (parallel, crosseyed or anaglyph).
- Open picture files for backgrounds; modify with filters. Details...
- Create a depth map from a picture, to texturize it with 3d lighting. Details...
XenoDream is available in two versions:
V1.62 is the final 1.x release. It has many improvements from v1.5:
- Compatible with Windows Vista/7
- 89 new metamorphs (179 total)
- More holons (200)
- New lighting options
- Improved mesh export
- User Guide with 50 topics
- Hundreds of new gradient and lighting presets
- Many more features and improvements
- New: US$89
- Upgrade from v1.x: FREE! See downloads
for more information.
V2.4 has all the features of v1.6 and many more, including:
- 12 steps of undo/redo
- 157 additional metamorphs
- More holons (400); grid options for preview; show only selected holons
- New camera controls and switchable views
- Import, sample and simplify gradients
- Metamorph masks to hide parts of the object
- Animation controls
- Stereo postprocessing
- Powerful texture editor for background pictures
- Depth of Field filter
- Soft shadows
- Many mesh export improvements
- Point Cloud export
- See more details of what is New in Version 2.3 and 2.4
- New: US$119
- Upgrade from v2.x: FREE! See downloads
for more information.
- Upgrade from v1.x: US$29.99
Buy now from our store.
For a detailed list of features including what is new in v2.4, see the feature
Requirements for running XenoDream 1.6 or 2
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2K/XP/Vista/7
- Minimum screen resolution 800x600 (small fonts) or 1024x768 (large
- At least 16 bit color. 24 or 32 bit color is recommended.
- RAM: not important if you just want to play. For rendering very large
pictures or exporting meshes in reasonable quality, 512MB is required
and 2GB is recommended (or 4GB for maximum sizes in 64bit Windows).
- CPU: The faster the better. However, XenoDream currently only uses
one core or processor, and is not available in a 64bit version.
- Graphics card performance is not important. XenoDream does not currently
use any graphics card features.
XenoDream for Windows is reported to run well in Crossover or
Mac Intel: XenoDream for Windows has been tested and runs well
in Crossover, Bootcamp and Parallels Virtualization. OSX versions are
not planned at present.
Mac PowerPC: No. We do NOT recommend using it with Virtual PC.
Many exciting and useful features are planned for future versions, as well
as improvements to the user interface.
For v2, any v2.x updates will be free.