hatchery & Imblursion: Update to a Version for Windows 10 (64-bit)
Aloha Garth,

is there any chance, that you develop an update of Hatchery & Imblursion to a Windows 10 kompatible Version?

In the moment i use as Workaround the Photoshop-Plugin "Plugin Bridge" (by Mediachance) which enables a secure Envirnonment for 32-bit Applications within a 64-bit Hostprogram. It does work (with ArtRage 5, Corel Painter & PhotoPaint) but slows down the Rendering.

Regards,

Krisi
Hi Krisi,

unfortunately there is almost no chance, as the SDK port I used was only 32 bit and was discontinued soon afterwards. It also lacked support for batch operation. I don't expect an alternative Delphi port to ever be available.
(05-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: Hi Krisi,

unfortunately there is almost no chance, as the SDK port I used was only 32 bit and was discontinued soon afterwards. It also lacked support for batch operation. I don't expect an alternative Delphi port to ever be available.

Thanks for the Info, in this case im am stuck with the Workaround.

Regards,

Krisi
(05-08-2018, 09:12 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: unfortunately there is almost no chance, as the SDK port I used was only 32 bit and was discontinued soon afterwards. It also lacked support for batch operation. I don't expect an alternative Delphi port to ever be available.

For clarification -
Since I don't understand most of the jargon; is what the OP is asking about Hatchery being updated for Win 10 not going to happen ever, or just for that particular system?
I use Win 10.
On the product page I didn't understand why the DL button didn't work then I found this post.

It looks like Hatchery has some really cool and useful effects for my particular workflow so I'll risk the pain of keep my fingers crossed until I know for sure.
Thanks Smile
The problem is not with Windows 10 as far as I know, but 64 bit image editors.
They will probably never be updated because I don't have the capability to do so. SDK is short for software development kit. For PS compatible plugins, this defines the standards to interface with the image editor. They are generally written in the C++ language, which I don't use, so I depend on a translation and it's unlikely that a newer one will ever be available due to lack of demand.
Oops - the download link is old and I need to fix it.
Garth,
I appreciate how much energy and care you give. It's a breath of fresh air.

Man I feel stupid even if there's no stupid questions lol
If I remember correctly the product page did not show Windows 10 as compatible though so even if I didn't catch that the download link needed repair, it still wouldn't of worked on my system, right?
Again I'm learning, but I thought inside PS one could choose from a list of bit options (Maybe I'm thinking of "color bit?" which is completely different?) Or does the 64 bit have to do with how the operating system communicates, thereby making it impossible to change from inside the app?
Obviously I am a little too excited to us Hatchery.

PS. What language(s) do you use?
We all have stuff we don't know yet.

The product info for plugins hadn't been updated for years so not including Windows 10 doesn't mean anything. I tend to use very standard coding for Windows aspects so forward compatibility is generally good. Sometimes installers are affected by security changes rather than the program being installed. But I haven't tested any of the plugins in Windows 10, which is more to do with the main problem: the only programs I have installed that could use PS plugins are 64 bit and not compatible.

Most PCs have had 64 bit hardware for a long time now, and been using 64 bit Windows. Windows also runs 32 bit programs. 64 and 32 bit programs can generally communicate data between them by following standards. But programs themselves are one or the other, and plugin architecture is part of the program so plugins have to match. However, as Krisi mentioned, there is a 64 bit PS plugin that supports 32 bit plugins, with some compromises in performance. That is the only way you can use these plugins in 64 bit programs.

An alternative is to download a free 32 bit image editor that supports PS plugins. Gimp has 32 and 64 bit versions in the same installer, but automatically uses the right one by default. You can force it to install 32 bit by running the installer in command line with "-32" after it. (I googled this; haven't tried it.)

I use Delphi for all graphics programs. I use php for some website coding, and some databases, but C++ and others I prefer only to read and not write and debug them.