How to? Line Vector Data for Laser Etching
Hello, I am wondering if anyone can kindly help me.

A friend is trying to assist me in making some metal pendants
from my designs, but needs me to export the actual
line vector data.

Is there a way to export a flat line drawing in a cad format?
Or any other way to give him the necessary information
he needs for laser etching with metal?

I am not very technically proficient,
so I am not familiar with these processes at all.

Great thanks for any help in any way!

Sincerely,

Jeffery St. Rose

I am using Xenodream 2.6
XenoDream doesn't use line vectors internally, or export any compatible formats. What is possible is converting 2D pictures into line vector formats. There are various programs that do this, probably also plugins for PhotoShop, and even free online converters. Just google vectorizing images. I haven't used any of these. Someone else may have tips or recommendations. Since the conversions generally look for edges and gradients in the image, you would need to render the designs with lighting that shows the shapes you want as strong lines or edges.
(03-14-2017, 05:01 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: XenoDream doesn't use line vectors internally, or export any compatible formats. What is possible is converting 2D pictures into line vector formats. There are various programs that do this, probably also plugins for PhotoShop, and even free online converters. Just google vectorizing images. I haven't used any of these. Someone else may have tips or recommendations. Since the conversions generally look for edges and gradients in the image, you would need to render the designs with lighting that shows the shapes you want as strong lines or edges.

Garth, hello, thank you so much for your response and suggestions.
I really appreciate it!

Xenodream is such an awesome program, and I want to thank you very much for creating it!
It really has allowed me to create art that I couldn't otherwise make,
and is always wonderfully surprising and inspiring.  I've been using it for almost 5 years now,
and I absolutely love it!  Again, thank you for everything!!

Sincerely,

Jeffery St. Rose